Protecting Your Rights After A DWI Charge
Driving while ability impaired (DWAI) and driving while intoxicated (DWI) are always serious offenses — especially if you injure or kill someone with your vehicle. Whenever you are faced with a DWI charge, you face serious consequences and require representation by a qualified DWI lawyer.
If you are charged with a DWI, call 716-243-3515 to defend your license and prevent potential penalties.
Protection From Significant Penalties
The penalties for a DWI can be significant, including:
- Attendance at a victim impact panel
- Dramatic increases in your automobile insurance premiums
- Installation of an ignition interlock device
- Jail time
- Large fines
- Mandatory NYS surcharges
- Points on your driver’s license
- Payment of a driver assessment fee
- Personal injury claims if you hit someone with your vehicle
- Potential criminal conviction
- Potential manslaughter or murder charges
- Suspension of driving privileges
- Suspension or revocation of your license
The actions that you take if you are stopped for a DWI can greatly impact your case. Read our list of the Top Five Things To Do If Stopped For DWI for helpful advice.
Contact Our Firm For Skilled Representation
If you face drunk driving charges, you need an assertive New York lawyer who can defend your rights. Hall, Ricketts, Schuller & Gurbacki, P.C., will carefully evaluate your case, and provide personalized defense strategies with the goal of mitigating or erasing your charges.